Monday, June 10, 2013

An Idea Has Overwhelmed Me

Excuse me while I ramble over a thought I've been having recently. You'll notice the jump from point to point over the next few paragraphs as I haven't completely processed all I'm about to say. But this is a blog, not a a research paper for a masters degree so my gangly format is hopefully more acceptable. 

So here's the question that's been overwhelming me.

How is it that the God of every age, of all time and space lives within me? 



He must make Himself infinitesimally small or I have depths of the ages in me. I think it's a combination of both. God of course is larger then I could imagine yet one human was able to be all that God was, in flesh. God was able to live comfortably in His skin, in the boundaries of humanity. So though I am bound by age, by time by space God can still be all that He is, the emperor of the universe, within me. I wouldn't believe it if Jesus hadn't already demonstrated that it is possible. 

My body is more then a vessel for this simple time that I live and die. In order to contain agelessness it must be, in some way, immortal. I don't mean that I will live forever, my time is a breath, but that my aging face, my sagging brain, cannot be all that there is to me. There is a piece of us, as humans that cannot be contained by time, because God is not contained by time. That is the Spirit. It is the seat where God dwells. And the larger your Spirit is the more it presses against the pieces of you that are bound by the world. It cannot be contained. It spills over like a bowl that overflows. 

The larger your spirit grows the more eternal your existence in time becomes.

It's strange isn't it? We are immortal beings living in aging bodies. No wonder so many of us have no peace. There is only one person in the history of time who has lived in harmony with God's eternal will inside a human form. Only by fashioning our lives after his will we ever be satisfied. If we do not imitate that lifestyle that we are doomed to live in a constant uphill battle for peace with our existence. 

- J 

1 comment:

  1. This is really good to ponder Jaelle, and actually goes along with this book I've been reading, "The Slumber of Christianity," one of Ted Dekker's only nonfiction books. I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete