Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Starting Over.


I THINK I SHALL BE STARTING OVER.
So, I've decided to pick up this blog after more then a year of being silent. Forgive my disturbing lack of posts blogger world. I have no real reason for my renewal other then it feels right. But I promise, I will not leave you again! 

A few things have changed since I've been away.

I got a tattoo. 







My first tattoo is a forearm tattoo of a geometric arrow. It represents my family and our walk together. The six lines are the six of us. It is also loosely based off of a verse in Isaiah 43 about being fashioned as an arrow and kept by the Lord.








I moved. 








Since this was the 18th time I had moved it didn't seem like too big of a deal. We were on the road again. At least we didn't move states this time!
I got another tattoo and I like it perhaps even more then the first.







I like being reminded of my need for gratefulness. The world and its insecurities and emotions tend to stick to me and I can't shake them off. Nothing breathes more deeply into that world then having a heart softened by eternal gratitude.








I went through a bit of a sticky winter. 



These last few months haven't been my best. I must say, you never know where you'll end up when you disconnect from the God. All it took was one question to wake me up. "How are you and the Lord?" My answer was honest, "Yeah, not good." I walked around with a bit of a chip on my shoulder against God. Can't say where it all began exactly only that once a seed of coldness was planted it grew, and fast. Here's the good part though. You know what revived me? I realized that I do want the Lord. I understood, deeply, in a place that hasn't been touched before, that I actually wanted to know the Lord. The grace to want Him is more necessary then I ever imagined. We need to need Him.



AND SO WINTER HAS GIVEN WAY TO SPRING.

I'm still wrestling through different things in life, and perhaps I always will, but I find it such a pleasure to be once again in a partnership with God and in the light. Nothing is sweeter to me then honest conversation. It's like a soothing balm for a scorched spirit. A good talk, long drives,  and a cup of iced coffee are my favorite things these days. 

So there you go, a small snapshot of my time away.

Many more things have happened but since I'm back you'll be seeing a lot more coming soon anyways. Thanks for waiting. It feels good to be back, in many ways.


Sincerely,

Jaelle the Renewed





4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more from you, Pretty Lady ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Jaelle. Love your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! My heart jumped when I saw your name in my feed:) Love you Jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I super love you, J. Here's to Spring & new seasons :)

    ReplyDelete