Wednesday, September 1, 2010

All the Pieces

So I wrote this poem and it's kinda sad and romantic :) Don't worry I'm not going through this right now!  It just came to me. I feel like I've written down someone else's story, somebody else's tragedy.  It's about unrecognizeably giving yourself away to someone. Then when they're gone it's like life loses it's luster.  Anyways, I hope I've captured what I was trying to portray correctly.


All the Pieces

I think you knew that when you left
And took that train to nowhere
That you were taking something else
The singing in my shower
And right before you closed the door
And stepped inside the car
I saw you take another thing
The chords on my guitar
You stole the stars right from the sky
And all their wishes too
Looks like there'll never be a night
Quite like the ones we knew
Since you've been gone when I get up
Feels like I can't get warm
Without that smile to light the day
And carry me when there's a storm
But there is something else I know
The thing that makes this true
Something that I didn't think
That you would take with you
But when you gave that final glance
and looked into my eyes
And there was nothing left to say
Just pictures from another time
I saw that you were leaving
 With more then memories in part
No you were taking with you
All the pieces of my little heart



I am so glad that with Jesus I never have to deal with this kind of heartache. I get to save myself and my little heart till just the right one comes along. Thank you Lord that I get to be your bride with purity! I am so blessed to be born in the time that I am with people who understand what it means to be guarded and who want to guard me too. Oh Lord you are too good to me!

Sincerely,

Jaelle the Bride

3 comments:

  1. J!! I love this!! It makes me want to write poetry, or expand this poem into a story. Ya, I think I will. So inspiring =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Ash! I'm glad you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with ash!
    gosh J. I can't wait till your poetry book comes out!

    ReplyDelete